Sunday 26 October 2014

Summer Hair Routine

With the new season just starting I thought that it would be a good time to swap some products around in the hair care department. While opting for the heavier and more nourishing products in the autumn/winter season, my hair in now healing from the heavy bleaching and colouring which took place earlier this year. Here is the routine I have put in place for the warmer months ahead...




Heres what they are...

1. Wide tooth comb, essential for girls with curly hair
2. Herbal Essence Classic Herbal Moisture Balancing Shampoo for Normal Hair
3. Herbal Essence Classic Herbal Replenishing Conditioner for Damaged Hair
4. L'Oreal Paris Elvive Instant Miracle Restoring Treatment
5. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
6. Lush R&B Hair Moisturiser 

My hair care routine takes place along the lines of this...

I start off with combing my hair through with a wide tooth comb before getting into the shower. By doing this before washing my hair my curls stay locked and don't go frizzy. I then hop into the shower and wet my hair completely. The first thing I do is shampoo my roots with my Classic Herbal shampoo for normal hair. I reason why I use a shampoo aimed at 'normal' hair is because nourishing shampoos or ones for damaged or coloured hair usually weight my hair down and make it look flat on my head. This shampoo is great as it gives me some volume while making my scalp very clean without drying it. Once I have rinsed out the shampoo I go ahead and put in my Classic Herbal Essence conditioner, and let me tell you that this is the best drug store shampoo I have ever used. With it being sulfate free and containing rose hip oil it surprises me that I only pay about $8 or 9 for a 490ml bottle. I let the conditioner sit in my hair while I shave my legs, which is roughly 2 or 3 minutes. I then rinse the conditioner out. Once a week or when my hair is feeling a bit dry I will go in with a deep conditioner, for summer I like to go for something a bit lighter such as the Elvive Instant Miracle Restoring Treatment, however if my hair is really dry then I will go for my Macadamia Nourishing Masque. I typically leave these masques in for another 2 to 3 minutes. After I have rinsed the deep conditioner out I will go ahead and wash the rest of my face and body. I like to wash my face and body last so all the product from my hair care routine gets washed off my body and doesn't irritate my skin. I then get out of the shower and put my hair up in a fowl for 30 to 40 minutes. By then my hair is not dripping but still a little bit damp. I then put some R&B into my hair and scrunch it to define my curls, after this I just let it dry naturally.




No comments:

Post a Comment